H1B transfer while in India, not travelled to US - urgent help


I got H1B stamped for a year and its going to be expired in Oct 2015, not travelled to US yet. From my current employer travel to US was cancelled at last moment.

Is it possible to transfer H1B visa in India with this timeline and travel to US later.
Are there any other alternative to get my Visa extended if something does not work out with current employer.

If any probable ppl/employer who manage this are reading this query, pls revert.