H1B transfer question and need help

Hi,
I am currently working for employer A with valid H1b till 2022, now employer A wants my petition to be transferred to employer B (sister company type), both company A and company B , end client is same, however my end client promised me that they are going to initiate the H1 transfer but not sure when that happens, meanwhile I signed to an initial offer letter with employer B. My goal is to transfer to that end client, I am guessing that my H1 transfer with employer A to B will be initiated soon. But my concern is during this process, if my end client wants to submit another H1B transfer, will I face any problems? Or shall I keep my end client hold till I get employer B approval? What if employer B and end client petitions are in process with same name , Any suggestions or steps to be taken safely. I want to quit for both these A and B but they made me stuck with this new transfer agenda even though i have a validity for next year.

No issues even if more than one company initiates your H1B change of employer aka transfer application. However you can only work for one employer either on USCIS receipt or after the transfer petition is approved. The other employer who you do not work for will need to withdraw the petition.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for the update, but another question is, i have signed to a inital offer letter it only says employment date which is one week back and role and responsibilites(they need that to process h1b transfer i guess). If end client response after the approval of employer B , then A is no longer valid right? in that case, do i need to submit the employer B document right way to end client to initate or shall i wait for a month to generate a new paystub to process with end client?

Thanks

Good catch, recepit number? if i got the employer B recepit number first, does that mean i am already with employer B? after receving the recepit number , what if my end client starts the process?

Thanks

You can submit the approval copy of I797 from employer B to the end client for H1B transfer. You can submit your most recent 3 paystubs from either employer A or employer B ( if you already started working ) when applying transfer via end client.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response , this gives some relaxation. Your the best and hope well to you always. Thanks for that help.

1 Like