H1B transfer in case of cancellation by the original petitioner

I have H1 visa till 2015 from my current employer. Now, I want to change my job. If I resign, my current employer will definetly cancel my H1 and will take all the original petition documents. In this case, if my new employer wants to transfer my H1 and wants to send me US immeditely, will it be possible? or the new employer has to follow all the H1 procedure once again (which takes almost 9-10 months)?

If you have the receipt number from your previously approved H1 then you should be fine. Even if your current employer cancels the visa, since it was approved in 2012(assuming 2012 as it is valid till 2015) you won’t be counted towards the cap again.

Thanks a lot Ankit for ur valuable answer…