H1B transfer from company A to B in India after H1B petition expires

Hi, My employer applied for my H1B last year (2012) and I got the petition approved for only 1 year.I was in US for 5 months and then came back to India. My visa is expiring in Feb 2013. I am planning to change my current employer in India (say company A) to another company B. Can the other company B file for my h1B transfer whenever required after I join company B or it needs to be transfrred only before joining company B or it can not be transferred this way in India and my H1B will be revoked?

Please advise.



1 Like

Your new employer can file for a cap-exempt petition any time of the year. Even after you join them and even if you are in India.