H1B transfer: Filing receipt number does not match with approval receipt number

I received two email from my employer: First when H1B was filed & second when H1B was approved. Receipt number in these two emails does not match. I haven’t received a satisfactory response from my employer. Also, it’s been more than two weeks since the H1B approval but haven’t received the hard copy. I would appreciate the help!

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

What’s the status of the 1st receipt number when you look it up online?

Only your employer can sort out this mess for you. Ask them for copy of 797C for the 1st number. It has employee’s name as well, and could confirm if it really belongs to you or not. Once you receive approval notice for the 2nd receipt number, you can confirm the same for that one as well.

First reciept status:

we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number *********, and emailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Vermont Service Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

I have emailed my employer asking for I-797A yesterday but waiting for the reply. This is the third week since the approval. Is it generally received late ?

thanks a lot for replying!

Did you get 797C for the 1st receipt number? Ask employer for that as well.

Ok, I will ask for it.

I have emailed my employer asking for I-797A yesterday but waiting for the reply. This is the third week since the approval. Is it generally received late ?

SLA is 30 days to receive the notice, but most of them are received in 2-3 weeks. Once 30 days have elapsed and employer hasn’t received it, they should contact USCIS to follow-up.

Do you trust your employer?

I am not sure about my employer…

Hi,

Can you let me know what was the final outcome of your case which was the correct receipt number ? The one in Receipt notice or the Approval mail.

I am also in same situation, my application was filed in Premium processing, I got the receipt number last week then this week attorney got the approval mail which they forwarded to me. But the receipt # dont match, approval mail has a different receipt #.

Attorney told me not worry as the approval mail has all the correct information like my name, birth date, the start date of my employment and also the I-94 everything matches. Attorney told is must just a typo error for receipt#

Could you let me know what happened in your case pls… i am planning to give notice to my employer.