H1B Transfer During Severance Package


I’m working for Company A and Company A is terminating my job in 4 months. They are paying me a severance package for the period with full employment benefits. They call it inactive employment.

Now I want to transfer my H1B to Company B. Knowing that Premium Processing is not in place as of the date of this question, Can I start working with Company B when they filed my transfer and I receive the notice from USCIS ?


You can do this. However, you must decline (or not avail) the benefits portion of the severance package and also whatever money you receive from company A must be reported in tax forms at end of your filing year