H1b transfer after visa stamped


I have my H1b visa stamped in May 2012 and is valid tll Sept-2013. I will be moving to new company. But my current company will take my I-797 form.

Can my VISA will be transfer to New company without I-797.


I am not sure if I-797 in original is mandatory for H1B transfer. I think a copy of the same or the H1B petition (I-129) would suffice. I have seen people suggesting that even the receipt number would help to transfer H1B. You could verify this with a good immigration attorney.