H1B train is gone, any other way to get work permit?

I got an offer from an US company and obviously I am too late to get h1b visa. Is there any other option for me to get a valid work permit ?

I need to be in US in earliest in September. Is it possible to start working with a tourist visa and then apply for h1b in 2013 ?


You may not work on a tourist visa!!!

Try looking into options for H2B, J or L visas!