H1b to H4 Conversion in US | H4's primary holder not in US yet

Hi All,

I am working in USA on H1b. Now my wife is in India, she got her H1b stamped.
Even before she travels to US, can i go for COS to H4 and still continue to be in US, without working.

I need to do this conversion, as my Wife’s job location is different from mine, and we have a 2 year old kid to be taken care of.

Thanks for your time.

Until she enters US on H-1, you cannot apply for H-4. Once she enters US on H-1, your COS can be applied.

Another option is to leave US and return on stamped H-4 visa (but again after your wife has entered US on H-1).