H1B status - will not be processed

My employer had sent a mail to me this Thursday saying that USCIS has replied them that my petition filed by my employer for me will not be processed.

I believe I was selected in lottery but did not get through the InitialReview stage. But the status page still shows :

“On April 8, 2013, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.”

How to find out the reason for this notprocessing / rejected status ? It is inappropriate to accept this without knowing the actual reasons for not processing my petition.

Ask the employer what the reason is. USCIS should have mentioned the reason in the letter.

Are you sure that the online status is for a receipt number that belongs to you? What I am asking is that is there any possibility that employer gave you the wrong receipt number (knowingly or otherwise).