H1B Stamping other than home country


I have an approved petition and ended up with 221G, which I didn’t get any update for 2 yrs from the consulate.
I requested my employer to renew the petition with a change in the client.
From the last 2 yrs, I am working in a different country.
Can I go for stamping in the current country or should I come to India for stamping?

And would consulate or my USCIS have my previous data, due to which again I fall into other issues while stamping?


You can do it in the country you currently reside, there is no rule as such. Having said that, sometimes, they may refer the case or request you to go for stamping in home country… It may not have any issues as that was for old petition, unless it is related to fraud or anything tied to you as individual…