H1B Stamping, but no longer employed with sponsoring company

Hello All,

I have an approved 797 for H1B visa with a validity ending in few years from now. I also have an approved I-140 document. However, I am no longer directly employed with the sponsoring US company (subsidiary which sponsored the visa) but working for the same parent company for its Indian branch. Can I get H1B visa stamped?

Thank you.

You may only apply for H1B visa if you have a bonafide H1B job offer from the sponsoring employer. Applying for visa based on no current valid job offer may be considered visa fraud.
Unless you have a job offer from H1B sponsoring employer you should not apply for visa.

1 Like