I have booked tickets for Vacation to India from May 5th, 2017 till May 29th, 2017. My current H1B 797 approval notice is Valid till September 14th, 2017. And my H1b Visa stamping was valid till Oct 2016, That means I don’t have valid stamping currently. So If I travel to India, I need to go for Dropbox or Interview to get my Visa Stamped to renter USA after vacation. However, from 5th May till September 14th, only 3 -4 months are remaining on the 797 approval notice, so just wanted to know, is it safe to travel to India. Will USCIS give me visa stamping for 3 months or there can be issues. Please advise? Also my employer is suggesting not to file extension while travelling. As per my employer, Once I return from India, then only it is safe to file extension. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Dropbox should be fine and I don’t think 3 months validity would cause an issue w/ the stamping.
Your employer has the correct recommendation to hold-off on filing extension until you return from your trip.