H1B Premium Case status in Initial review since more than 20hrs

On June 3, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Can anyone throw some light on this or suggest if its an RFE or approval?

Sounds like RFE. Check the type of the Notice of Action and the notice itself will have more information.

[Form I797: Types and Functions](http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=87f15565d1be3310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD)

My employer haven’t receive any notice yet, where can i check the type of Action and Notice?

The type is usually marked on the actual notice. For Premium Processing cases, CIS sends out an email to the petitioner on every status update on the petition and I believe that they type of notice is mentioned in that email. Ask your employer/attorney to forward you that email. The actual notice will be send to the petitioner in mail.

Thanks Sujith for the reply. As per my employer/attorney there is no mail received from USCIS. I am checking this status online and came across couple of blogs saying it can be either RFE or approval and status will be changed soo to either of these. Not sure why employer/attorney haven’t received any mail yet.

In my case, my attorney received an email on petition approval the same date as notice date (approval date). However, she received the actual approval notice (Notice of Action I797B) via mail (not email) in a week or two.

Thanks, have you came across same situation? Means PP clock stopped oe no RFE or mail received by attorney

I haven’t come across such a situation.

In my case, the text did not have anything about “15 day Premium Processing clock” and hence I doubt its RFE. I am not quite sure about the actual text used by CIS this year.

The status message could be either (as reported by other users in the blog). Your employer/attorney should receive the email about it. If not, they can follow-up w/ USCIS. The status itself should change to something more meaningful soon.

Hi Saurabh,

My case is premium and attorney haven’t received any sort of notification from USCIS. Do they have any TAT to send RFE or email notification to the attorney? Secondly when can i expect the case status to be changed to next status ? Any Tat?
It’s more than 24 hrs my premium processing clock is stopped and stucked at initial review as per my trail post.

I can only guess. However, your attorney can follow-up w/ USCIS about it to get more concrete answer. They have a dedicate number for PP applications.