H1b petition transfer


My H1B petition got approved. USCIS send the approve petition to my employer. Due to some problem. He is not sending the petition to me. I have two questions.

  1. How can I get a copy of my approved petition?
  2. can I transfer my petition to some other company with out approval petition copy

Appreciate your response.


  1. You can’t unless the employer sends it to you

  2. If you know the receipt number, then you can. Use receipt number and print out of online status showing it as approved for this. The new employer will have to take your word of mouth that the petition really belongs to you, unless you have copy of the initial receipt notice i.e. 797C.

Thanks for prompt response. Currently I am in India and I have LCA is it any thing help to me . Is there any other source to get my petition copy

Knowing the LCA doesn’t help in getting to know the receipt number. Employer is the only way for you to know the receipt number for now.