H1B petition by new employer - Cap exempt ? Now Expired, not traveled

Dear Experts,

Appreciate if someone could help me with information here.

In 2016 one consultant filed my H1B application, it got picked in April. I haven’t received the petition in December 2016. It was showing validity till December 2017.
Due to personal situation by that time I was not in a position to go for visa stamping or change my job, that consultant was behind me for a long time asking me to get it stamp and join his firm, but I couldn’t.

April 2018 I received an email from USCIS with subject line “ Case Status Information for Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX”. when i logged in i saw below text.

Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It

On April 22, 2018, we received your correspondence for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXXX. We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So, I contacted that consultant what it is and do I need to take any action, in reply he say that

“Thanks for your email. Your H1b was till 12/31/2017, which date is over, this is just standard process to revoke the expired petition, this email is for that update. It does not impact anything”.

It would be great help if you could reply on below.

• As its only 3 years lapsed , does my lottery number still valid for 3 more years and any other employer could file my visa?

• If I want to pursue a job opportunity at USA what I could do?

Thanks in advance.

Grace P

This is a grey area…You can go back to the same employer and then request them to file extension…
If you were to get it stamped, then you could have used it to transfer to other employers as well…
Talk to them and ask them for options…