H1B I-129 is approved and approval revoked and re-opened after two months

Hello Friends,

On May7th 2015 I-129 has been approved and onJuly1st status is that USICS reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker and mailed you a notice indicating our intent to revoke the previous approval decision made on your case.

When I see in the USICS portal from August 5th it is in RFE status saying evidence has been received

Can someone tell me if I still have chance to get approved or its gone case and also when can we know the final decision of USICS as mine is a premium (any time frame)

Thanks in advance.

Ask your employer/attorney to follow-up w/ USCIS. Did they submit any RFE response that caused the Aug 5 message?

USCIS reopens an approved petition if they determine later that original approval was in error or if they missed some information while adjudicating the application.

Hi Surabh,

Thanks for your swift response.On August 5th USICS informed that they received Evidence and my consultancy confirmed the same.
Do I still have chances or its gone case.I heard that very less chances when they re-open the case.When can we know the decision at the worst case.Mine is premium processing from CA

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chandra

They usually re-open the case when they have good reason to overturn or review their original approval. Do you know what the RFE was about? Are there other employees w/ similar situation?

Hi Saurabh,

I am not sure about the query as my future employer did not disclose that.What are the chances and when I can expect some decision from USICS.Mine is PP.

Thanks Mate…

Regards,

IS

I don’t think the PP applies to the reopened case. There is a huge backlog at USCIS and may take few more months to process.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your swift response.Is there any way we can check for the status as it is close to 5 months since my status is in request for evidence is received.

You can raise a Service Request, but won’t get any useful response. They would again iterate what’s there online.