- My H1B (I797) expiry is April 2022
- My last service date at my current company was 11th June 2020
- I am on salary continuation till 31st July 2020, so as per pay-stub my last day will be 31st July 2020
- My experience letter will state my last employment date as 31st July 2020
- If someone calls to my company to verify my employment, they will state my last day as 31st July 2020
- My company confirmed that they will withdraw my H1B petition only after 31st July 2020
I know that as per USCIS guidelines, 60 days grace period starts from last service date, which is 11th June 2020.
- Keeping in mind all above points, I am wondering how USCIS will come to know whether my last employment date was 11th June (and not 31st July) ?
- None of the documents speaks or state anywhere the date 11th June, so what will trigger USCIS to think about my last service date and all that ?
- If it is not practically possible for USCIS to find my exact last date, then can’t I not take a chance (worst case scenario) and count my 60 days grace period starting from 1st Aug 2020 (and not 12th June) ? - that way I will have till 30th Sept to find a new job.