H1b Extension - while in US.

Hi. I got H1b stamped for 2 years valid till Nov 2016. Currently i am in US. My passport and I94 both have same valid to date. If I like to go for extension, is it needed to go to India for stamping again ?. if not needed, how I get new end date in my passport ?.

Pls help to answer. apologize if this was answered already. I searched several questions, but there is no straight answer.

Your extension inside US will get you an extended date on 797 and I-94. Note that the extension can be filed at most 6 months prior to expiration date (so May 2016 in your case).

When you travel next outside US and you have received the extended petition, you can go for visa stamp renewal, and get an extended date on the visa stamp.