My premium processing H1B extension petition received an RFE on Feb 5.
Lawyers responded to the RFE on Feb 25.
It’s been 10 days since then, and I haven’t received a result yet.
My question is about my options in case of denial -
My I-94 expires on March 31.
I’m trying to avoid exiting the country in order to get H4.
Scenario 1: H1B extension denied before March 31
- I can apply for a new H1B petition but can’t work after March 31
- I can apply for H4 COS (spouse is on H1B)
- I apply for both H1B and H4 COS. If H1B is approved later, I withdraw the H4 application. If H1B is denied again, I can wait for H4.
Scenario 2: H1B extension denied before March 31
- I don’t want to exit the country to get H4. Hence I apply for H4 COS before March 31, and if H1B is approved later, I withdraw the H4 application.
- Apply for another H1B petition after March 31 and hope it gets approved.
Can you people provide me with your expert opinions on my best course of action here?
I want to be prepared for the worst case scenario, but also want to avoid accruing illegal stay.
Thank you for reading.