H1B: Error by my lawyer during writing my job description

Hi,

I had filed for my h-1B this year and recvd RFE and the uscis is questioning that the benef. has the equiv. of a B.S. or M.S. degree in the specialty occupation. The issue which I see is that my lawyer by mistake did not put the same job duties I submitted to him since I had submitted my job duties which were relevant to my B.S. and M.S.but human error he wrote somebody’s elses job duties in my h-1 application. My question can my lawyer reply to the RFE by stating an apology letter and correct those job duties which I submitted to him and reflect to my B.S. and M.S. degrees. In addition to it, I would also like to ask that how much weigthage does a letter from a thesis advisor/academic advisor has during the H-1B application. I am thinking of recomming my lawyer to correct those job duties and resubmit the corrected job duties along with support letters from my graduate thesis advisor as well as my company supervisor…Please help

thank you

Yes, you should do that. The lawyer should mention that it was an honest mistake and submit new job description and reference letters from advisor.