H1B employer is not giving return ticket to go back

Was travelled for a project on H1B and its completed. Now want to go back but employer is asking to work on other projects and not providing the return ticket, what are the legal options for this scenario? Can USCIS do anything?

USCIS cannot do anything. You can resign and return to home country if you want.

Why dont you book a ticket by your own ?Isnt your passport with you ?if not contact Indian Embassy ,if you are very strong about going back