H1B Dropbox Renewal pending for 6 weeks

Hi there,

I have applied for H1B (myself) and H4 (my family) visa at Islamabad (PK) and am still waiting for the decision. It has been pending for 6 weeks now. I have called US Travel Docs support. Initially, they kept saying to wait and later after 5 weeks they escalated it to the embassy. Embassy replied that my “case is under review” and I should wait. No email or letter was received from embassy whatsoever.
For context, my H1B petition has been renewed second time. I am applying for this visa third time: First time visa was issued in 2021 (valid for a year), second time in 2022 (valid for a year) and this is the third time.

Here is the timeline:
11/18/2023 - Document submitted at dropbox facility in Lahore
11/21/2023 - Documented received at Islamabad embassy and I was able to track it on CEAC website. Status: “Application Received”.
11/28/2023 - Case status updated
12/02/2023 - Case status updated
12/26/2023 - Embassy replied with “Case is under review”
01/05/2024 - 6 week timeline reached

I have 2 options:
Keep waiting for the application decision to be made.
Withdraw my passport and apply for an interview appointment at Karachi location and appear for an interview. (Islamabad is not accepting any interview for H1B)

I want to know your opinion on what option should I take.
Thanks

Seems like your documents and passport are already with the consulate so makes no sense in withdrawing the application to schedule interview.
Unfortunately the country you belong to is driving the delay as they scrutinize the application at granular level.
I suggest just waiting patiently.

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a chance to update this thread.
Updating here on my timeline for sharing with others

I waited on waiver application and didn’t go for interview option. Eventually got approved after 6 weeks.

Here is the complete timeline:
11/18/2023 - Document submitted at dropbox facility in Lahore
11/21/2023 - Documented received at Islamabad embassy and I was able to track it on CEAC website. Status: “Application Received”.
11/28/2023 - Case status updated
12/02/2023 - Case status updated
12/26/2023 - Embassy replied with “Case is under review”
01/05/2024 - 6 week timeline reached
01/08/2024 - Case status “Approved”
01/09/2024 - Case status “Issued”
01/11/2024 - Passport received