H1B DropBox Experience Kolkata

Dropbox - First time H1B (F1 to H1B, Mechanical Engineer)

• DS160 confirmation page
  • Current i797 (copy)
  • Employment verification letter (copy)
  • One recent photograph (white background, head height 3.5 cm and ears clearly visible)
  • Passport(s)
  • VAC confirmation page

The VAC official verified the DS160 against the passport, stamped the VAC appointment confirmation and noted that it was a first H1B. The process took just 2 minutes.

Timeline:

4th April – Dropbox
5th April – Application Received
6th April – Issued

Stay hydrated. Cheers.

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to schedule a dropbox appointment too but the portal says no appointments available even before I choose a location from 5 VAC offices: Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Hyderabad in the dropdown.

How to book dropbox appointment for Chandigarh, Kochi, Pune and other 3 similar non-VAC but dropoff-only locations? I do not see them in the dropdown.

Does anyone have any idea how long ago were they able to book appointments for Feb-March 2022 dropoff appointments? thankyou in advance

1 Like

Same here. I was checking regularly for the past month to no avail. If you get to schedule, please let me know.

I may be wrong here, but the embassies opened around 20,000 slots for employment visas and staggered them till the end of the year. June-Aug appeared to be reserved for F1 slots as I never saw those dates open for VAC or interview appointments. Feb-May and Sept-Dec were for H/L visas and filled up fast. Keep checking and book a slot in any embassy/VAC as soon as it is available.

I have been checking 2-3 times a day for the past month. Never seen any slots open for any VAC center.
Are you able to see it?

I booked mine in late Feb. There are several thousand H/L visa applicants and their dependents so open slots will be gone in seconds.