I have come to India for my marriage and I needed Visa stamping as I renewed my visa this April. Anyhow, my visa dropbox experience was one of the simplest and straight forward things I have seen in the last 10 years.
Before I can continue let me make a few points about my employer and employment.
- I work in the construction industry.
- I’m directly hired by my company after the interview in 2015
- My pay already matches the new rules
- I’m not working or ever worked for any kind of consulting firms
Now coming to the document list, I had researched on this before filing for renewal and all the websites had a long list of stuff and paperwork needed for this process. But, if you are a direct/full-time employee like me then I don’t think all the documents are necessary.
List of Documents asked
- Appointment Letter ( https://cgifederal.secure.force.com
- Completed DS-160 ( Nonimmigrant Visa - Instructions Page (state.gov)
- Passport with the latest Visa
- Single Passport Photo (I took one from CVS in US and worked without any issues)
- Copy Latest I-797 and copy of all the older I-797s
- Employer letter about my position & Pay
Other Documents I collected but not needed for my Dropbox interview in my case
- W-2 & Tax Filings (1040)
- 1-year bank statement
- Offer letter
- Old Passport
- 4 Pay Stubs
- All old Documents
My case was simple and I’m waiting for my passport to come back from Chennai but I’m not sure about what documents needed for others, so collect all whats relevant and take for any eventuality.
Also, dropbox situation is very simple and easy to do and its takes around 10-15 minutes and no more than that.