H1b biotech field want to understand possibilities

I am a phd with post qualifIcation exp of 10+ yrs in pharma sector incl big mncs in India. Focus areas include drug discovery cell biology and related biotech specializations and multiple international publications. wanted to explore options of working out of usa on H1b. Just wanted to check if some advice is available on this forum on possible consultants working in this field and any specific approach one needs to take in realizing this plan.

You must consider coming to the United States on a postdoctoral assignment. You are a higher degree professional, this should not be a problem. You must select a University Laboratory that is also doing highly applied work, possibly also has a company started by the Laboratory Chief. This way you can transition out of the PDF and enter the industry with the same H-1B. If you are married, bring your family on H-4, don’t leave them behind, there is no need. Wish you all the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar

Faculty

Colorado Heights University

www.chu.edu

sshankar@chu.edu

Dear Dr. Shankar, Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I will work through this accordingly.

Best Regards

My pleasure. Please note that with your industry experience, you are a very valuable package for many scientific laboratories. They will benefit a lot with your association. You have success written all over your efforts, just need one right connection. It will happen. Let me know if I can be of help. sshankar@chu.edu