I got my L1B (Company A) to H1 B (Company B) approved but COS got abandoned because I had to travel out of US while the transfer was pending. Got the I797C back stating COS abandoned but H1B approved. Now in this situation - I found an offer with a (Company C) large Indian IT firm who wants to transfer my H1b, not yet sure if they will accept me to be a contractor. 1.Could the transfer be done with I797C and Company C initiate the transfer? 2.I asked the consulting firm (Company B) to file COS in premium , but not sure if they have done it yet because they are not reachable - Can I only get the transfer done only when the premium COS is approved -? 3.I would prefer to join as a contractor and continue with Company B. Because Company C is large Indian firm and wont file Green card. What can I do in this situation? Please advice. Appreciate your response as always.