H1b Approval notice returned to USCIS due to undeliverable address. What are my next steps?

Hello,

My H1b status was “Case was Approved”. Now it changed to “Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It”.

Full Message: On June 10, 2016, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

After the status change only I figured out from my I797c, which I got after my petition was filed on April, had the petitioner name incorrect. I believe that is why USPS couldn’t deliver it.

Questions:
1.) Should I ask my employer to call USCIS to correct the petitioner name?

2.) Should I file a e-request to request a copy of the notice to new correct address without correcting the petitioner name?

3.) The message obviously looks like a common format that USCIS uses for all undelivered notice mails. However, the phrase “This could have a serious effect on your case” concerns me. Will this affect my H1B in anyway?

Please help.

Thanks,
VJ

1. Yes

2. Employer can do that when they contact USCIS to fix the data issue.

3. Its a standard format. Suppose they were sending RFE documents and as long as they are undelivered employer wouldn’t know about the issue. That’s a serious effect.

Thanks a lot for your answer Saurabh. Gives me confidence :slight_smile: