H1b Amendment and extension

Hi. I submitted the H1b amendment on September and got EAC number. Still it is not approved. Now my visa is about to expire. Can I go ahead and file the extension with new place. Will it work?

Yes, they can file the extension and use the old 797 to show that you are cap-exempt.