H1B 2020 Visa Receipt received. Does it mean i picked up in lottery?

Hi All,

Completely new to H1B and this forum.
My employer filed my H1B for 2020 and in June 2019 application received along with receipt number.
Does it mean if am picked in lottery system?
When i search with receipt number in USCIS.gov case status i get message as.

“On April 12, 2019, we received your Form I0129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number xxx 123… and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 12, 2019, Contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcentre. if you move, go to www.uscis dot gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing adddress”

Yes, you are very likely picked in lottery. Ask your employer for a copy of the receipt notice, to see that the number belongs to you as the receipt notice has your name on it. Check Sample H1B receipt notice . Here are next steps after H1B lottery

Thanks Kumar for responding,
Yes i have received my Receipt notice from my Attorney (Employeer filed through Attorney). and validated it got my name on that receipt.
its similar to the sample H1B receipt notice link shared by you.
if am correct next will be USCIS will validate my documents… if any thing is missing they will RFE for more documents if all documents are good , they will approve, then we need to schedule Consulate interview.

Hope all goes well.

Yes, you got it right. Read what happens after H1B Lottery

Am still seeing my status in USCIS site as “Case was Received”. any idea how long it may take for approval and Consulate interview?

It can take anywhere from few weeks to few months. Read H1B Visa Processing time Regular vs Premium

I gone through the link… also checked the processing times for location specific , mine was filed at EAC. the status shows as 12 Months to 15.5 Months… Does it take that much time after present status as “Case was Received”?

Yes, it can take that long, though some of the data is not fully accurate…You can upgrade it to premium processing, if you do not want to wait.

Why i see 2 different date for Form I-129 receiving date.

on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do I see my status as recieved I-129 form on April 11 2019.

but on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ it shows as Received I-129 form on May 10 2019

both are from USCIS only , but what is the reason they show different dates.

That’s the reason, it is hard to trust the status on the online systems of USCIS. One is legacy system and one is new one.
The real date is what you got in your physical copy. What does that say ?

PDF copy shows.

Received Date - 04/11/2019 ( 11th April 2019)
Notice Date - 05/10/2019 ( 10th May 2019)

I think the case status shows at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do is correct one.

for me in new websit it just shows as below.

Today, i have received status update… unfortunately it is “Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent” .
what could be the general additional evidence they ask.

@Revanth_Reddy, hard to say, you need to wait for the letter…

I have received update from my Attorney regarding RFE. It as about the justification about my bachelor degree related to the JOB i was going to do in US.
Basically am a B.Com ( Computers) degree holder with 11+ years of IT experience , holding many IT industry demanding Technology Certificate.
As ground level yes my degree is not completely related to the JOB in IT field. in such cases will USCIS reject my Petition?
in US history is there any person with B.Com( Computers) degree holder with IT experience ever entered US with H1B?

Am totally down after seeing RFE questionnaire from Attorney. :frowning:

Well, it all depends on the role and your fitment to the role. Yes, there are speciality occupation related RFE that are not from IT background. But, you have experience…talk to your attorney and see how you can justify that and provide supporting documentation.

do anyone have sample RFE response documents if RFE is issued for “position qualifies as a specialty occupation position and at least a bachelor’s degree is required in order to adequately fulfill it”
RFE is requesting additional evidence that your degree is in a field of study directly correlated to your position

@Revanth_Reddy, You should work with an attorney and get it properly done…I do not suggest you pick something random online and use it…Everything varies by case.