H1 Visa interview questions

This link here had me raise a few questions:

I later on came to know that all questions need to be asked in the Q&A section, so I am repeating them here.These are the questions based on the article in the link above.

What do you think would be the purpose of asking questions like the ones below? and what answer you gave?

-> Why you want to go to states? This should be obvious right? for increased opportunities.
-> Have you ever been in a ‘no-job no-salary’ kind of situation? => what if someone took a study break?
-> Have you applied for visa for any other country? => Are they talking about current visa or for business or pleasure travels made in the past?
-> Do you have any family in the United States?
-> Why would you want to return to India? => Dont they want to encourage this? Why ask the reason when someone wants to come back?
-> Is it your first H1B or visa revalidation? => what is visa revalidation? Does it help or create problems?
-> After the conclusion of your visa, what do you plan to do?
-> What’s your designation in [Previous Company] and what’s your designation in the [New Company]? => Will it be any issue if previous company designation is lower or higher than current or new company?