H1 transfer from Company A to Company B when awaiting extension approval

I am currently in US working for company A. My current H1 and i94 validity has expired on 30th Sep 2012 and the extension has been filed by the company A on Sep 14th and Acknowledgement received on Sep 17th. I am still awaiting approval. Can I change my company A to company B at this point and have my H1 transferred without any issues?

It is better you stay with company A until your extension petiotion is approved. unless your petition is approved your current stay is illegal.



Thanks, Vivekā€¦ But am I not legally staying since my extension is already filed and I have the acknowledgement notice? I believe I am eligible to stay for up to 240 days after my extension is filed with the USCIS.