H1 Transfer Denied, Can I go back to my previous employer

I recently moved to new employer B in October 2017, but my H1 transfer got RFE. My previous employer A I797 is still valid until April 30th 2018, I got my I-94 valid till April 30th 2018. Now can I go back to my employer A and file for H1 extension, even though I have worked with employer B for close to 5 months. I just verified that my employer A have not revoked my H1.

You can go, no issues. Make sure you have all the docs like paystubs and receipt from Emp B

Just curious, is it that easy going back to previous employer after the Transfer denial from employer B?
The employer A has to hire the employee again and file a visa transfer and extension, the employee has to went back and come back to US again in this case! This is what i heard.
Can anybody please suggest?

You may go back to previous employer if the h1b has validity and the employer has not withdrawn the petition. No need to step out of country.

Hello All

Requesting your opinion on what should i do?

I have an approved H1 and I94 (stamped visa) with “Employer A” until May 2021.

Three months ago, I changed jobs and applied for a H1B transfer with “Employer B”, who requested I94 untill 2022. However this petition got denied after an RFE for not being able to prove the work duration. So Employer B is going to refile a new petition until the PO date (i.e., Dec 2019).


  1. If this new Petition with “Employer B” gets approved till Dec 2019, Does this mean H1B/i94 approved with “Employer A” till 2021 is no longer valid?

  2. Can i go back to “Employer A” inspite of “Employer B” petition being approved?

  3. The work location of “Employer B” is same as the approved Employer A petition (i.e., with in 50 mile radius). Is it better to go back to Employer A and do a subcontract with Employer B as amendment is not required?

  4. I also have a Full-time opportunity with “Employer C” in the same location, If i agree, Can multiple transfers be initiated at the same time? What will be the implications?