I first entered the US on F-1 visa. After finishing grad school, I left the US and went back to India. Later, I re-entered the US on H-4 visa (as an H-1B spouse). Then I got H-1B visa and started work. Recently, my spouse’s I-140 application got approved. I am now planning to apply for H-4 EAD.
- What is the process for H-1B to H-4 EAD application?
- What documents do I need to submit?
- How long does it take to get the H-4 EAD?
- Can I travel to India while the applicaation is in progress?
- Is H-4 and EAD approved concurrently, or is there a gap between H-4 and EAD approval?
- If there is a gap, can I continue to work during that gap?