h1 to h4 cos

am on h-1 visa currently from oct2015.I have payrolls from my employer.Due to medical reasons i need to apply for h-1 to h4 change of status.My question is if i apply for h4 cos say today, can i resign once i get receipt notice or i will have to keep working and get my payroll running till the whole process is complete (which take 3-4 months).

You can resign once the receipt notice is issued because you have immunity during status change process.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, hopehumanityATgmail.com; wwwDOThopeforhumanityglobalDOTorg