H1 RFE - Student Day 1 CPT- Visit India before RFE/H1B approval for 2020

Hello Everyone, Thank you in advance !!

I am currently working professional as CPT (40 hours) 2nd masters… status continue my study at Harrisburg university PA, My current employer applied H1b for 2020 regular quota (not premium ) and have received RFE to response which are due dates 7th November. Employer soon reply for it and hopefully that may approve.what is the time frame that may get response approval from USCIS ?

Am i able to travel to india in December 1st to 15th based on my current student status ? or its Risk since my RFE response may come anytime ?

What will be my status considered till my H1b Decision happens ? so i can travel to India for my brother’s wedding.

What is the RFE regarding ?

You can travel, but if you have filed it as COS, it will be abandoned…in general, Day 1 CPT is a very risky option as there are handful of schools that do that and historically have ended up in many issues…Many have got status RFE and got COS denied…Be prepared for back up options or convert the application to Consular processing and go for stamping to avoid issues…Discuss with your attorney on your options.

Thank you Kumar for reply ! you are saying COS (Consultant) ?

what is “Be prepared for back up options or convert the application to Consular processing and go for stamping to avoid issues

Can you clarify please

No, COS means Change of Status. Again, what is the RFE ?
Many, who have applied as COS with Day 1 CPT got COS denied, but only H1B approved…so, you can proactively convert it to consular processing to avoid the COS denial. Talk to your attorney

Thanks Kumar ! the RFE is about college CPT/qualification of job/employer info with client details & project details.

When you say College CPT, it means Status related right ?

yes that is correct asking relates to status and provide course syllabus and details. So i have decided not to travel based on my conversation with lawyer as that may cause conflict to my status.

Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Sure, it is your discretion. Do post your update on stamping on how it goes with RFE and visa stamping in future.