H1 -> L1B and back to H1B COS


This is Meher. Currently I’m working with XYZ company on H1B Visa. Since My wife who is on dependent H4 visa cant work, My company is planning to do H1B -> L1B COS, so that my wife can work on L2 with EAD.

So, after 2-3 years, can I come back to H1B and start working on my old H1B visa.



Yes, in future an employer can file cap-exempt H-1 petition for you and you can move back to H-1. Remember, the max time you can spend on H-1 and L-1 is 6 years. So that still needs to be honored when applying for H-1 in future.