H1-B to H4 COS and EAD

I have applied for Change of Status ( I-539) from H1 to H4 and H4- EAD (I-765) simultaneously for my wife who is currently working. Looks like the COS process is taking longer time and I-765 is not approved until I-539 is approved, can she go out of country and come back with H4 stamping (as a dependent) ? And once after coming back on H4, can she update USCIS to discard I-539 (COS) and process only I-765? If so can she get her EAD sooner?