H1 B Extension - USA or India ?


I am in USA and working on H1-B (Petition is getting expired in Nov -2012)…

But, now I want to go back to India in Aug and want toreturn back in USA in Jan-2013.

To do this,

  1. do I need to file the extension from USA only, or that can be extended when I am in India?

  2. Can I leave the country if my company files H1-B extension when I am in USA. ie. sometime in July…

Thanks !

  1. Extensions are filed with USCIS and hence to be done in the US and by your employer.

    1. I think its fine for you to travel outside US as your case does not involve any status changes.