H1 Amendment pending from 17 months - filled in April 2018

Hi,

My H1 is approved in 2017 with client A which is valid till 2020; I changed to client B and filed amendment in 2018 April end (REGULAR PROCESSING). In the month of Feb 2019 Homeland security officers visited my office and took all the information, pictures, etc. I was given a RFE in April 2019 on employee-employer relation & speciality occupation. I have answered RFE in the month of June and still it shows RFE was received. I didn’t go for stamping yet and have been waiting for my H1 Amendment. Is there any way to speed up the process apart from premium processing since my attorney is not suggesting for premium processing? My petition went to california center, and my attorney says that i have to wait 8-10 months to file an inquiry, since it is the regular processing time of california center,

Also what happens if my amendment gets rejected?

The only option to speed up is to go for Premium Processing. It is a perception that premium processing will get denial or get more scrutiny, if your application is all genuine and good, should be fine…
But again, you need to work with your employer and Attorney and get this processed…

Thanks for the reply, also could you please let me know on what happens if my amendment gets rejected for any reason.?

Can I apply another H1 amendment to the same client with same employer or by changing different employer?

Well, then you need to leave, once the decision comes out. You can do that, but you would not have option to stay in the country and need to go out the country and get stamping…