H-4 for dependents within the US

I have H1B from J1. My dependents (J2) are in the US now and they need to apply for H-4. Can we use one form I-539 for all dependents (03)? What documents would be needed for people applying within the US?

Thank you.

It is always a good idea to apply for H-4 / I-539 change of status for family when you are applying for your H1B. That way, all of you can be uploaded onto a single immigration event. Now, you will find it difficult to do this and individual I-539 will be needed because you are no longer an applicant but family is. You can still try, it might work.