H-1B Transfer when an H-1B extension request petition has been filed


I’m currently working for Company A which filed an extension to my H-1B about 2 weeks ago under regular processing and am still awaiting a decision on the petition from USCIS. My I94 is valid till Oct 30 2013.

I just received an offer to join Company B and am wondering what will happen to my H-1B extension petition if Company B now files for an H-1B transfer. Will the most recent filing take precedence? Is there any risk to my H-1B status if a future employer files a transfer while a current employer’s H-1B extension petition is in progress?



Both can happen in parallel. One doesn’t impact the other as your I-94 is still valid. If both get approved, you can decide to join either of them.