Green card application for Post-doc


I’m working in the US H1-B visa. My green application(I-140) is in progress.
My spouse is a Post-doc associate in molecular biology at University of Chicago.
She is on J1 visa.

I wanted to know what’s her career path to get a green card?

Can she apply for a EB1-A or EB2-NIW category at a later point?


She will be eligible for green card under the outstanding researcher / professor category after she has a few publications with you as a dependent if your field is IT.