Green Card - Affidavit of support when sufficient work credits received


I intend to file my GC under immediate relative (parent) of a citizen category.

I did my Master’s in Computer Science in US(F1 Visa) and graduated in 2002, and worked on H1-B Visa for about 11 years.


  1. Do I still have to provide an ‘Affidavit of Support’ ? I presume my work credits would’ve been over 40.
  2. Currently I do not have a US phone number, is there a website or a way I can check the work credits I have accumulated?

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.


Yes , you should provide the required documentation.

If you registered on the ( social security) , you should be able to see your work credits.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your response.

I tried registering on but unable to complete it, as they are asking for an ‘Activatation Code’(which I haven’t received on my Indian number) - to complete the registering process or a fresh register I would need a ‘ten digit phone number’ to complete. This only accepts US phone numbers (+001-ten digits).

I can paste a screen shot here if you would like to see it.

Is there a work around where I can see the number of work credits I have accumulated?


If you have a friend or family in the US, try using their number for the OTP/registration code.