Got 221g blue form without any instuctions for H1b renewal.

Hi,

I applied for my h1b renewal through dropbox in chennai. After three days I collected my passport without visa stamping and with a blue 221g form with a case number on it. Other than that nothing is marked on it, no instructions on what should I do next.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Checkout this, http://ftp.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/1451532541/visa-stamping-221-g/page/278

Hi,

Same thiing happened to me today. Did you find out what this means? Could you let me know pls?My passport is with me but got a 221(g) during interview. I submitted the docs through email.

Today I got another 221(g) form with just case number on it. Nothing was checked. Please let me know what happened to your status.

Thank you

Hi,
Send an email to "support-india@ustraveldocs.com" with your case number and Passport nunber, explain your situation and ask for further instructions. You should get a reply in 2 to 3 days. That is what I did, I had to go to interview.

Good luck!

Thank you much. I did contact them and send the scanned copy. Will wait for them to respond back. One more question, after u went for interview, was the decision taken then and there or did they take more time ?

Decision of issuing visa was made at the interview.

Thank you. I will wait for them to respond and see what the slip is all about

hi pkr134,

I am in a similar situation and appeared for the interview. The officer said visa is approved . How long did it take to get the passport.
Thanks

Hello!

How did this work out for you? I had the exact same situation today and wanted to followup with you on what you did. Would greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Kaushik Kuberanathan
kaushik.kuberanathan@gmail.com