Good Profile for studying in usa

hi,

currently i am studying in one of the private univrsity’s in india …i am in my last year of B.Tech((4th year) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering…it’s my Dream to study M.S in usa…but i am little confused about whether i have good profile for applying in good universities in usa or not…so please comment related to my academics or if its good or roughly fair to apply for M.S

1)My B.Tech (EEE) Degree is ABET approved(please tell me some benefits)

2)i got 85.6% in my class 10th and 80.5% in my class 12th ((CBSE))

3)i have currently cgpa of 7.2 in B.Tech

Although i will give GRE test but still inspite of having good score in GRE some of the students can not get good colleges because of poor academics

please reply ASAP

Thank you :slight_smile: have a good day…

Bhavya,

It is a common myth that brand name university degrees are better for employment. This may not be true. If you are doing MS in Rhode Island, you are attractive to Rhode Island companies and same is true for companies across various States, you study local and work local. Scores apart, you must also develop an academic statement (why you want to study further) and a career statement (what you will do with the new education). Apply to both public and private universities. The golden rule is apply apply apply until the acceptance letters start arriving.

Good Luck!

Sandeep Shankar, Ph.D.

Academic Advisor (India) to The Executive Director

Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223

www,chu.edu

sshankar@chu.edu

You can Do MS in US as long as you have financial means and a recognized degree.

GRE TESTs are also important but not everything -unlike in India

It is important to see which university you choose. Talk to seniors and see how are the placements - which companies come to the university - That should give you a good picture of what the university stands for.