Given 221G - Passport retained and no additional documents required.

Questions asked,

1. Company name?
    A. Skillstorm commercial services, LLC.
  2. What do they do?
    A. Explained
  3. Where do you work?
    A. Mentioned
  4. Salary?
    A. Mentioned.
  5. Highest degree?
    A. Mentioned.
  6. Graduation date?
    A. Dec 2016
  7. Opt start date?
    A. Jan 2017.
  8. Did you complete your opt?
    A. I told yes.
  9. Were you out of status any time?
    A. No
  10. Do you know your rights?
    A. I told yes I know my rights.

I was given a blue slip with the administrative processing ticked. None of the documents were looked at, and no information was provided. The VO said that it will take upto a week and the consulate will inform about any updates. I have travel dates confirmed on the 22nd Feb, I do know I would have to reschedule, but I am not sure how far away should I reschedule to ensure that I complete all the formalities and receive my passport with the visa stamped.

This is for a new H1 visa F1 to H1 conversion.

I am not sure what needs to be done from my end.

Any similar experiences at chennai consulate? Please share.

My status got changed to issued. I am waiting for my passport. Status changed on Feb 6th 2019.

Hi @Chakri276, congrats on your visa stamping. I am in a similar situation like yours exactly after an year. I had my visa interview on 31 Jan and received a 221g white slip with no details on it. My VO kept my passport and said it will take about 5-7 days to get the update. COuld you pls let me know your visa interview date last year? Looks like your status got changed on Feb 06. I have my travel plans scheduled for Feb 22 as well.

Thank you!

Hi, Same case here. Attended the interview today morning (Feb 3rd). Some basic questions were asked and given a short white slip. Any update on your case?

@h1status_1 No update on my case. It is still the same - Administrative processing. Is this your first H1? and is it from OPT to H1 status change?

Yeah, change of status from F1 to H1. At the end he told me it will take 1 week to process your case. Hyderabad counter number 16.

Ok, same here. Mine was counter 10 in Hyd.

Please post it here once approved. Will be helpful.

Sure. Will do as suggested

my case last updated date changed to 6th Feb but still says Administrative processing. Do you have any update?

@h1status_1 @visaguy2020
I have attended my interview yesterday(feb6- Hyd consulate) and was asked few basic questions. VO said yours need administrative processing which will take 3 to 5 business days And gave me 221g white slip with no checkboxes and retained my passport.
My status changed today to Administrative process.

Did you get any update or status change? your reply will be helpful and appreciated

My status got updated to ‘Issued’ on Feb 6, exactly after 1 week of my VAC date. Waiting for the passport status to be changed.

Mine got updated to issued today, exactly after 4 days.

@visaguy2020 @h1status_1
Thanks for your response and congrats for the status change. Update the good news once you receive your passport. Mine has changed to last updated from feb 6 to feb 7.

Status Showing as it might take several weeks. If approved status will be changed and passport will be sent in two business days.

Is this the kind of message you also got while checking status.

Feb 3rd : Attended Interview short white slip with no check boxes or request for additional documents.
Feb 6th : case last updated date changed from feb 3rd to feb 6th,case status still remained administrative processing.
Feb 7th : Case status changed to issued.

Yes, this message is common.

Collected my passport on Feb 7, visa issued for 3 yrs!
Cheers and good luck people!