Getting F1 after 8 years gap after B.Tech

Hi ,

I completed my B.Tech 10 years ago, After that I worked for 3 years and stayed at home for 2 years and again wroked for few years as per my personal/family commitments.

I am unmarried female and now want to pursue Masters in USA . Will there be any possibility so that I can get F1. I am planning to take TOEFL iBT soon.

Any one please suggest me how do I get f1 with this type situation.?

Thanks !

Age in no way is a deterrant for a Masters, but you might expect a question from the VO like “Why now”. As long as you can justify your answer I don’t think visa should be a problem. You might also want to address that question in your SOP’s to stand a better chance of admits.

I am answering some of the older questions on the forum here so people can get much needed help. If you have a degree and a job in home country for many years, it is perfectly alright to try for career growth by advancing your education. USA is one of the few countries in the world where age discrimination is illegal. Whether you are 22 or 92, and you wish to study further, go for it.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu