File for Labor from Canada


I recently moved out of US and into Canada.

I have priority date in Dec-2014. However, I changed my employer while coming into Canada. My 140 is approved.

Can a new sponsor file my Labor, 140 and other steps from outside ? Looking for some guidance here.

Thanks and regards,

Yes. To file PERM the beneficiary is not required to be in the US. However I-140 will be filed with consular processing if the beneficiary is not already present in the US. This may cause delay in processing your green card so my suggestion is that when your PD is approaching near, you can move to the US on H1B and once current file adjustment of status which will be faster than consular processing.

Talk to your company immigration lawyer and follow their advice.