Family members DS160 number update after appointment confirmation

Hi All -

I have couple of questions regarding - Family members DS160 number update after appointment confirmation

1. Are we allowed to update - DS160 confirmation number during dropbox appointment ? My appointment is already confirmed for 14th of March and there and I am looking to update DS160 confirmation number for my dependent.

2.on Visa appointment / from Profile update - I am able to update only my DS160 confirmation number., not getting option to update dependents info ?

3.If we contact customer support , will they help up to update dependents DS 160 confirmation number from backend.

4.On appointment confirmation I can only see my DS160 confirmation/ how to verify dependents DS160 confirmation number?

Thanks in advance,
Satish

If you filled a new DS-160, you can take the new confirmation and the old to your appointment.
You can contact VFS if you have questions.

http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-main-contactus.asp

Were you able to solve this? How did you manage to update new DS160 number?

Yes Sandesh - call US consulate india numbers and agents will help to update this .

Number : +91 120 4844 644

Hi @Satish_S_Nikam

I am on the same boat and hope now you are done with your dropbox appointment.

I have my appointment scheduled this May and would like to hear your advise on the below questions:

1. Can we edit the existing ds160 after submission to make changes or we have to create a new ds160?
  2. After retrieving my submitted application, i am seeing a choice called “Create new application”, can i use this option to pre-polulate the existing data and do the required changes? OR I have to go with the new ds160 form creation?
  3. During dropbox submission do we need to take both old and new ds160? did they asked you anything on this change? please share your experience.
  4. For family members ds160 confirmation number update, while calling this number +91 120 4844 644 what details we need to be handy?

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Selva

Guys did you solve this? I am in same situation. Any experience would be apprecciated.

Hello @Vimal_raj_loganathan / @Selvakannan_Ramaraju, could you please let me know if anyone of you able to solve this ? I am also in the same situation… We have a group scheduling request for a dropbox appointment and the current appointment has the old DS-160 numbers of the dependents.

Any help on this would be greately appreciated. Thank you!

Oh yes. Its easy peasy. Glad you asked cos i just did last week.

If its your ds-160 number that you have to update then just login into USTRAVELDOCS site and go to profile and update your ds160 number and redownload your confirmation receipt.

If its your dependent ds160 number that you have to update then just email the old ds160 number and new ds160 number that need to be updated for each dependent to this email id
support-india@ustraveldocs.com

Just one day, they will update it from their end and you can redownload your confirmation receipt.

Just make sure you provide them details very clearly name for each dependent
old vs new ds160 numbers

Thanks

Hi I am done with my Dropbox and back to USA… here is the update

1. Can we edit the existing ds160 after submission to make changes or we have to create a new ds160?
  • yes you can edit by entering your application I’d and click Create new application option
  1. After retrieving my submitted application, i am seeing a choice called “Create new application”, can i use this option to pre-polulate the existing data and do the required changes? OR I have to go with the new ds160 form creation?
  • yes after clicking create new application all your previous details will be prepopulated (but after doing this you will get new ds160 application number)
  1. During dropbox submission do we need to take both old and new ds160? did they asked you anything on this change? please share your experience.
  • Take only the new ds160 confirmation page, not required to print entire ds160
  1. For family members ds160 confirmation number update, while calling this number +91 120 4844 644 what details we need to be handy?
  • yes call the customer care and jut tell their existing confirmation number and ask them to update new ds160 numbers

Thanks
Selva

Thank you both of you! I called the customer service and they updated the new DS160 in the appointment.